Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish. Each week, participating bloggers respond to the given topic with their own top 10 list.
Top Ten Unusual Character Names Encountered in Books
There are any number of other characters, particularly from fantasy/SF books, that are certainly unusual or that stand out. These are just the first ones I came up with from the top of my head and a quick glance at my Goodreads list. They may not be all that unusual, but some of them I just really like.
1. Fone Bone, Phoncible P. “Phoney” Bone, and Smiley Bone from the Bone series by Jeff Smith
2. Agnes Quill from Agnes Quill: An Anthology of Mystery by Dave Roman
3. Alisande and Stegoman from the Wizard in Rhyme series by Christopher Stasheff
4. Antimony Carver and Gamma Czarnecki from Gunnerkrigg Court by Thomas Siddell
5. Ella Minnow Pea from Ella Minnow Pea by Mark Dunn
6. Zaphod Beeblebrox and Veet Voojagig from the Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams
7. Elphaba Thropp from Wicked: The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West by Gregory Maguire
8. Quoyle, Petal Bear, Wavey Prouse, Mercalia, and Bunny from The Shipping News by Annie Proulx
9. Artemis Fowl from the Artemis Fowl series by Eoin Colfer
10. Triss from Triss by Brian Jacques
What unusual character names have you come across while reading?